Hi dolls! Here on the east coast of the U.S., we only have 6 and a half hours before it’s 2012. I’m here surrounded by awesome people and will be happily spending the ringing gin of the new year at home with them. Can’t really go out hard partying with a freshly cut open shoulder…but then again, I was never much of a party person to begin with 🙂
My new years resolutions for 2012 are nothing. I have learned that they are useless, and we are already stressed out enough with all of the technology and everything of modern life. But I have a model of how I would like 2012 to be for me. Of course, plans change, and life can throw you curveballs. If you can’t do everything, don’t stress! Just enjoy everyday and be as healthy and as happy as can be.
Here is my model for the new year:
- Get my makeup business and blog off the ground and more popular.
- Go back to school to get my RN or BSN (even though I already have my bachelors, but my goal is medical school, and small steps like that can help much more for that 🙂 )
- Eat healthier and try to workout more after my shoulder is fully rehabbed and mister doctor man gives me the okay. I have been on MyFitnessPal for a while now, and I have finally started getting some friends on there that are retro/vintage girls just like me. Having similar goals and similar interests makes it more fun and more motivating!
- Expand my wardrobe with more authentic vintage, vintage reproduction, and retro inspired clothing. I just started out with this lifestyle in early October, and although my closet has expanded quite well accordingly, I still have much more I would like to add!
- Start performing my songs that I have written, preferably in the Lower East Side.
- Try and be more patient.
- Be more glamorous everyday (which I have already started doing already!)
What are your models for the new year? I would also like to write more often for the blog, especially now that I am recovering and have more time. I have a whole list of ideas for posts that are two pages long, and counting! And of course, if any of you have any requests, please be sure to let me know!
Here’s to 2012!